Spring 2021, Qing Xin varietal grown at 2500m and above.
Flowery high-pitched fragrance and umami
This tea comes from Ailao Mountain the middle of Yunnan. In 1994, Mr Huang, a taiwanese native, established oolong tea plantations, inside Ailao Mountain Nature Reserve. The plantations are managed organically and have been certified since their creation. Due to the high altitude, the leaves grow very slowly and have time to accumulate a lot of polyphenols.
This tea is made of 70% 1 bud/2 leaves and 30% 1 bud/3leaves and was given a light oxidation. The result is high flowery fragrance and a pleasant umami. It is an upfront tea that feels refreshing and leaves a sweet taste in the mouth. You'll want to drink cup after cup and the leaves deliver, they will keep you entertained for over six brews.
Check the gardens: